Saturday, August 13, 2011

Taking the leap into Blog World

So, here I am starting my very first blog!  And, thank you for being here.   When Facebook first came out I was very apprehensive about it, but now love it, as I have reconnected with long lost friends and also have been keeping connected to others that I couldn't possibly do otherwise. Facebook has also been a good way show my paintings, but not about me and what drives me to paint. Facebook has been a great segway for me to take this leap, but I still need courage like never before, so please bear with me as I get used to this.

Having gone through many thoughts on how to approach my blog, on how to write it and in what order, I've decided to just go with what inspires me on the day that I post, yet trying to keep it somewhat in chronological order of my life from my mere beginnings as a budding artist to where I am now as a "seasoned" one.

In preparation for all this, last night I took out all my old boxes of yellowed photos and an album about 7inches thick with pages back to back of all my past paintings before I got a digital camera about 10 years ago. For the first time really,  I looked at how many paintings that I actually documented. I have hundreds of pictures of my paintings, some taken from one of those old Polaroid cameras. Remember those?  Looking at all that I've created looked somewhat scary to me, like I'm an obsessed woman!  And I just might be.  I didn’t even have the photos in front of me that are stored in my computer of my paintings from the last 10 years since I went digital. Okay, I think I made my point.  

It showed me just how much I've evolved and improved as an artist over the years.  It has also been a confirmation to me that I’m in my true calling, which I never had a doubt about that anyway.  Sometimes I will bump into someone who hadn’t seen me in a long time and they’ll ask if I’m still painting. To me that question is like, “Do you still brush your teeth?”  I do feel blessed to have this passion which feeds my soul and gives me so much pleasure. It's a form of meditation for me and I lose track of time. Please, time goes fast enough!

In the beginning when I started selling my paintings it was mostly about my enjoyment and goals of success.  I was clueless at first to the fact that over the next 20 plus years so many of my customers have expressed to me their joy, inspirations and healing from my work.  Now that's been the most gratifying of all.


No comments:

Post a Comment